You can usually detect hard water by the evidence in your home, including:
- Soap scum on bathtubs, shower tiles, and basins
- Film left on the body resulting in dry skin and dull, limp hair
- Decreased cleaning capabilities of soaps and detergents, resulting in dingy laundry and reduced life of clothing
- Increased buildup of scale on plumbing fixtures and cooking utensils such as a tea kettle, coffee maker, and dishwashers
- Clogged shower head and pipes
Most water softener systems require that you install a separate whole house filter that requires periodic changing of the water filter cartridges. The WaterBoss® whole house water softener features a built-in self-cleaning dirt and sediment filter. Never worry about changing a filter again!