Dimensions: 14.75" x 18.75" x 25.75"
900 WATER SOFTENER FACTS
36,400 Grain Capacity
- The 900 offers whole-house softening & filtration
- Dimensions are 14.75” x 18.75” x 25.75”
- Great capacity for households of 4 or more
- Effectively treats most city and well water problems, reducing calcium, dirt/sediment & ferrous iron
- Reduces iron up to 10 ppm
- Regenerates in 26 minutes
- Uses only 14 gallons of water and 3 lbs of salt per regeneration cycle
- Features a built-in, self-cleaning whole-house filter meaning that there are no cartridges to change
- Made in the USA
WaterBoss Model 900 Water Softener, the high usage model, is the model for households of four or more people. The Model 900 can soften up to 90 grains per gallon while reducing up to 10 ppm (parts per million) of ferrous iron, filtering dirt and sediment too.
Grains, in this instance, measures the capacity used during regeneration to take your water from “hard” to “soft”. You want soft water in your home. The higher the grains, the LARGER the softener and the MORE salt, water and electricity is typically used. However, with a WaterBoss unit, you can have lower “grains” but have the same – if not better – capacity.
Efficiency in Regeneration
Regeneration is an essential step in the water softening process and the reason your system occasionally needs salt. Once a water softener captures its limit of hard water minerals it flushes and cleans the resin using a salt water solution called brine. Once this cycle is complete, the softener is ready to remove hardness again.
The WaterBoss Model 900 is designed for optimal performance and efficiency, requiring the least amount of salt and water necessary to complete the regeneration.