Earth week is a great time to consider how we can be kinder to the environment in our daily living. The choices we make, from selecting sustainable products to investing in energy-efficient appliances, can really decrease our carbon footprint and help our planet.
Owning a water softener can actually help your home be greener and more environmentally responsible.
Having soft water provides a variety of health benefits, not only for a home and family, but also for the environment. Hard water, which contains high levels of minerals such as calcium and magnesium, can cause problems that actually impact the environment and the larger community. Read on to learn how water softeners can benefit your home, health, and the environment, all while saving you money.
Here are five ways water softeners help you live more responsibly and sustainably:
- Energy efficiency is one of the best advantages of using a water softener. The hard water mineral buildup in pipes and appliances causes them to have to work harder and consume more energy. Softened water, however, does not leave scaly residue, so appliances like washing machines and dishwashers can function more efficiently. This saves you money on energy bills.
- Using less cleaning products is another water softener benefit that helps the environment. Hard water can require more chemical cleaning products to get surfaces clean due to mineral buildup. Cleaning with soft water helps soaps and cleaning products work better. Less product is needed, which is not only better for the environment, but means savings for you.
- Longer lasting appliances are another perk that benefits you and the environment. Hard water can cause mineral buildup in plumbing and appliances, leading to the need for replacement pipes, as well as reduced appliance service life. Installing a water softener will help increase the longevity of your plumbing and appliances, while reducing the amount of waste going into landfills.
- Reduced water usage is an advantage enjoyed by homes with water softeners. Softened water means less water is required to clean surfaces due to reduced mineral buildup. Reduced water usage is not only good for the environment but helps you save money on your water bill.
- No more bottled water means less expense and waste. The hard water in many homes makes tap water undrinkable. When you have softened water, you can use refillable water bottles to avoid bottled water expense and waste.
WaterBoss has a water softener that will help you to reduce your carbon footprint while enjoying better water!
Water softeners are an excellent investment for your home and family, and for meeting green living goals. With increased energy efficiency, reduced chemical product use, longer-lasting appliances, reduced water usage, and elimination of bottled water use, there are numerous benefits to using a water softener, beyond better tasting water.